Doxycycline in Australia
Doxycycline is an antibacterial agent that stops a development of the pathogenic flora and treats most infections. The drug is high active and belongs to the group of tetracycline. It is active as to many morbific microorganisms.
Staphylococcus, streptococci, pathogens of gonorrhea, salmonellosis, Escherichia coli, chlamydia, and others are sensitive to it.
In the body, Doxycycline is accumulated in the pathogenic cells and stops vital processes in them. The pharmacological action is characterized by the bacteriostatic mechanism, i.e. the antibiotic affects a production of the nutritious ingredients inside the pathogenic flora. Due to this, bacteria do not get protein and die, and new cells cannot replicate and also die.
What diseases is Doxycycline used for?
An introduction of the antibacterial drug Doxycycline in the pharmacies significantly simplifies a task of doctors in a choice of the highly-effective product for the treatment of the bacterial infections.
The antibiotic has a rather big list of the indications and covers a wide range of the diseases. You may buy Doxycycline to treat infectious-inflammatory processes of the respiratory tracts and the abdominal cavity:
- Infectious inflammation of the middle ear
- Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (only for people under 65)
- Salmonellosis, etc.
Doxycycline is rather effective during the infections of the skin and soft tissues. This is the top 1 antibiotic for rosacea, furunculosis, and acne. It acts on the agitators that are actively develop in the oil glands.
If you are an active traveler, we highly recommend you to buy Doxycycline because it protects against malaria and travel diarrhea, and other dangerous diseases. The treatment must begin during the first symptoms of the disease in order to reduce time of the recovery.
According to the opinion of the scientists from the American Urological Association, Doxycycline shows good results in the treatment of the urogenital infections:
In what dose is Doxycycline taken?
If you plan to buy Doxycycline in Australia, we recommend you to consult a doctor or a pharmacist. The scheme of the treatment may be individual and depend on several factors:
- Patient’s age;
- Aspect of the disease;
- Body mass.
It is preferred to have a prior medical examination and to take tests before the treatment. But there are situations when one cannot wait for the test results, and it is necessary to begin the antibacterial therapy as soon as possible. In this case, a patient should follow a standard instruction for the use of Doxycycline:
- Take capsules orally and with enough water (about 120-150 ml).
- It is better to take the drug between meals. The interval between the use of the drug and food should be at least one hour. Food reduces the bioavailability of the active ingredients in the blood.
- Do not take the pills with milk or grapefruit juice. Use clear water.
If your doctor has not prescribed an individual dose, start the treatment from the minimal working dose. There is a personal dosage for every type of the infection:
- To treat pneumonia or bronchitis, 100-200 mg a day is needed within 10 days.
- A high dose of 300 mg per day is prescribed for syphilis during 10 days.
- 200 mg Doxycycline a day is prescribed for gonorrhea, chlamydia, mycoplasmal infection during 7 days.
- A small dose of Doxycycline 50 mg a day should be taken for the treatment of acne and rosacea. The treatment is long because bacteria slowly react to the antibacterial agent. The pills are taken within 6-12 weeks.
- Take 100-200 mg Doxycycline a day for the infections of the gastro-intestinal tract and abdominal cavity within 5-7 days.
According to the official leaflet developed in accordance with the results of the clinical studies, Doxycycline meets the world standards of the quality and is approved by the FDA. But it has some contraindications that should be taken into account:
- Doxycycline is not allowed patients under 8 years old because it may influence on the formation of the bone tissue. Due to this reason, it is not allowed during pregnancy and lactation. The drug should be taken by patients at the age of over 14. It will reduce a risk of the complications.
- In case of the severe functional disorders of the kidneys and liver, it is better to take a softer antibiotic.
- The blood test is required not only to know a causative agent. A doctor will detect the amount of leucocytes in the blood. If it is not enough (there is a risk of leukopenia), Doxycycline is not prescribed.
The side effects of Doxycycline appear rare and are usually light: ataxia, digestion disorder, and headache. An allergic reaction happens seldom. But in this case, the antibiotic must be replaced as soon as possible.